1) “Woman is the civilizing force for man” You intentionally omitted the last line of that post. It’s certainly the most sexist element of the text. My implication is that men by their nature are brutes and women are not. Your selective outrage is hypocritical.
2) Perhaps you missed this? I posted it prior to your initial scolding. It’s relevant to the chain of discussion on this issue and it might serve some interest for you as well.
3) Our perspectives come from two divergent and non-intersecting positions.
- You perceive women as frail, weak minded and submissive. The only reason that little Jane doesn’t go out to the garage, grab a wrench and start tearing away at the family car is because of an oppressive misogynist culture that places girls and women in the dated roll of care-giver to all but her own self interests and needs.
- I see little Jane as a complete human being that should grow up and do whatever the hell she pleases. And apparently it ain’t working on cars or building houses. There is nothing wrong with that. You hate the female that rejects your premise that men and women are the same. I celebrate the feminine spirit as it really is and not what “you” wish it to be.
STATISTICS FROM GOOD REPUTABLE SOURCES
Source: 2010 Institute for Women in Trades, Technology & Science - Women Tech World
Source: National Women’s Law Center (NWLC)
- Calculations based on Integrated Public Use Microdata Series-Current
- Population Survey, Minnesota Population Center, University of Minnesota
South of the boarder sweetheart ::